"yes"


Believe it. People who find out I sew ask me to rude excess if I will 'teach them to sew', 'make them a dress', hem their pants'. NO, no. No. But, on one occasion, to one such request, the biggie in fact: 'will you make me a dress?', I answered 'yes.'

This was also a dress I had to pay for. Construct. Deliver. And, there was even a DEADLINE. What? This dress is precisely why I say no, and the experience had to be turned around in my reality, pronto. Stat. This couldn't have happened to me! Well, the gratitude and satisfaction of a job well done, a pleased young girl, a thankful, inspired, and humble young girl would make it all worth it, right? The money, in excess of $100, the time, no less than 20 hours, the fact that the time was carved out of my schedule according to her deadline, priceless. I was preparing for my own wardrobe needs and wishing to make a frock for Miss Jane, my dear, thankful, humble, polite, joyful companion and friend, Janie-the-great.

No gratitude. No proper thanks. (a quick thank you so much upon delivery was all that was offered). No photo. NOt an email, text, twitter, FB message. NOTHING.

I did it for me. To share, to give, to please myself. For the love of creating. In total.

1 comment: